My Fox News TV Interview on Choosing Happiness!


Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How to Feel Good when you Don't Feel Good!

As a Law of Attraction Coach and Teacher, I get this question asked to me often: "But how am I supposed to feel good, when I don't feel good?!"

First watch my video reply to this popular question (which is being aired on Fox News tonight) and then I will get into it a little more on this blog post:





So, there you have it ... it is all about your FOCUS! Here's what I have learned about that:

The more you focus on what you don't want and what makes you feel bad about a situation or your life, the more you will attract into your life that which you don't want. That's the way the Law of Attraction works. I know you get this concept. Because when life sucks, it sucks, doesn't it? It seems like you keep on attracting those bad things into your life and you think "when is it going to stop!" I have heard many people say "it comes in threes" -- they say that about the bad things only. Have you ever heard that one? I am sure you have. Well, that's just a belief and a story and not THE TRUTH -- it is just something you are buying into. What if we chose to believe that good things come in threes or that good things can keep on coming (no limit to the number). Can you see the difference in how that new belief feels?

So, you need to change your focus. Focus on what is positive in your life. Focus on what you want to happen in your life. Talk about the way you want it to be, instead of continuing to complain about the way it is. Because if you continue to complain about the way it is, that is definitely NOT going to bring you what you want. You will just keep on experiencing more life events that make you feel bad and prove to you that you don't have the life you want!

In the video, I talk about building your WANT muscles ... try it today. Start talking about the way you want it to be. Let me give you an example from my own life that will help you to see how to pivot from the "DON'T WANT" to the "WANT":

When I was diagnosed with MS a while ago, it would have been real easy to focus on what I didn't want and the symptoms I was having and to focus on a future that I didn't want. But instead (after I had my initial moment of crying after hearing the diagnosis), I decided to focus on what I did want - which was perfect health. I even made a decision that the diagnosis was going to be "just a bump in the road". And when those symptoms came up, I took my focus off what wasn't feeing good physically and turned it to what felt good in my life -- even if it meant that I had to shift to another area of my life. I also started telling the story to my friends and family that one day I would be off a drug therapy and feeling great again. I didn't know HOW that was going to happen, I just decided and focused on the way I wanted it to be, not the way that I didn't want it to be. And you guessed it, I am now living the way I want it to be! And it was all because I built my "I WANT" muscles and kept on focusing on what felt good!

To your Health & Happiness,
~ Coach Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment