My Fox News TV Interview on Choosing Happiness!


Thursday, November 11, 2010

Positive THINKING doesn't work!

Did that title catch you off guard? After all, I am a Law of Attraction Life Coach, of course I believe in positive thinking, right?

Well, yes and no ... listen to my message below that will be aired tonight on Fox News at 10 in Eugene, Oregon about this very topic:



So, yes, it is important to think positively, however without the feelings underneath to match those thoughts, you will not be able to deliberately create the life you want. I have had many clients, friends, family members who have said to me "I AM being positive" when their facial expression or the tone in their voice was saying the EXACT OPPOSITE!!! Sometimes we try to fool ourselves into saying those positive words:

=> I am going to be successful

=> Oh, it's nothing, things will turn around.

=> I will get that job

=> I can lose that excess weight

etc.

But how do you really feel when you are saying these positive statements? Are they a HELL YES ... this is happening or are they a "I hope this will happen; I have some doubt but maybe, just maybe". Can you feel the difference?

Your "attraction power" lies within the nature of the feelings you are experiencing. If you are feeling negative underneath, you can speak all the positive words in the world - but there wouldn't be enough words to bring to you the ideal outcome. Those negative feelings will just attract more life experiences that will make you feel negative. If you are feeling positive and expecting the good outcome, eagerly anticipating it to come, then you will attract the positive outcome or something even better! Yep, that's the way the Law of Attraction works.

So, next time you think you are being positive, just by saying the words, do a gut check and ask yourself "am I really feeling that underneath" and be honest. It's OK to notice that you are not, because once you are aware of what you are doing, you can change it!

Awareness is the first step to creating the life we want. Just like you have to know where you are going before you get in a car to drive somewhere, you must know how you are feeling so that you can navigate accordingly to deliberately create the life you want.

To your Health & Happiness,
~ Coach Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment